Launch Your Career
To bridge from university to career students complete their degree with an internship.Internship host employers are partners who support students’ professional success establishing an effective and proven bridge between education and career.
The internship is a minimum of 3 months and typically begins the third week of May. At the end of the internship 80% of students continue employment with their internship host employer. Employers gain professionalism, commitment and fresh insights from students who have come straight to them from a rigorous hospitality or tourism degree. Students gain an opportunity to apply their studies, demonstrate their abilities and launch their careers.
94% of the international hotel management students received an excellent or very good overall performance rating by internship host employers for their internship in 2013.
"My internship experience has been – and continues to be – incredibly challenging, rewarding, and fulfilling. I look back at the past few months in awe at how much I’ve learned and how far I’ve come in such a short time, and look forward to all this job and industry have to offer me in the future."
- Heather Clayton, The Sheraton Grand, Edinburgh
"This was a fantastic learning experience and a great way for me to complete my degree. It has allowed me to propel myself to the next stage of my career as I look to advance in the industry."
- Brandon Petraroia, Westin Bear Mountain Resort and Spa, Victoria
Internship Hosts Include:
- Delta Hotels and Resorts - Kananaskis
- Fairmont Hotels and Resorts – Banff, Victoria, Toronto, Vancouver, London
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts - Whistler, Hampshire
- Hotel Le Germain, Calgary
- Shangri-La - Vancouver, Toronto and Singapore
- The Magnolia Hotel and Spa – Victoria
- Sheraton Grand – Edinburgh, Scotland
- Sukhothai Bangkok, Thailand
- W Taipei, Taiwan
- Westin – Victoria, Calgary